Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
mihir79
My Carrier: At&t

Screen goes blank after making a Call

Hi all.  I just had this problem for the fist time since i have started using this phone.  Not sure if i have pressed wrong key.  Ok here is what the problem is:

When i dial the number and then as soon as i press the call button, the screen all sudden goes black.  I mean the call is still in progress you can hear it but you can't see anything on the screen.  For example, i had to turn the speaker on for the conference, but i couldn't do it because i was not able to see where anything were at.  Please help

If anyone know how to solve this problem...please do help..its very annoying.  

Thank you and hope to hear from you guys.

Mihir

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Screen goes blank after making a Call

Try a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache liek rebooting a PC. Then try again and see if your problem persists.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mihir79
My Carrier: At&t

Hello there Thanks for the reply.  

I found the solution. Its very strange and some what crazy is that I have placed screen protector on it so the screen wont get messy.  So this morning I took off the screen protector to see what happens and to my surprise,,,it worked.  I guess the screen protector was covering the sensor that is on top right.  

Thanks for the help.

Mihir

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

That can do  it too. Thanks for posting back your solution,

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pm6310
My Carrier: AT&T

I have the same problem. I have tried the battery pull, no success. I do not have a "screen protector" on the phone, so that is not the issue.  I have done a "security wipe" to take any customizations, etc. off that I have done.  Any other ideas?  I went to the store and they have never seen or heard of this problem. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pm6310

Has anyone hear or seen this problem and/or have any idea how to resolve?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope

you have done what I would have done.

Time to take back to place of purchase.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pm6310

Thanks.  I am hoping to avoid that as this is an official company use item and I hate to tell you what it took to get this one into my hands....

Please use plain text.
emeliashafreena

Hi i have exactly the same prob with yours.if u have cover frame ,maybe u can pull it off and try to make a call.try it
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kusuma1911
My Carrier: T-mobile

is there anyone that help me?

can i use my mirror guard without having this problem?

thx

Please use plain text.