Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
ixiom1
My Device: Torch 9800

Screen lock activates while watching videos

I'm hoping this is just some setting I haven't found yet.  When I playing a video on my Torch 9800 the screen will blank after about 2 minutes.  This is extremely annoying as I'm usually trying to entertain a 3 year old at the doctors or dentist at the time :smileyhappy:

Any help is greatly appreciated.  I couldn't find anything like this happening to anyone else through googling.  If the answer is something like resetting the phone or something that's fine...I haven't done it before but I'll do what i have to to fix this.

Thanks!

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Screen lock activates while watching videos

Hello,

I think you can try two things : the soft reboot, and if it does not work, the hard reboot. Don't worry, you can't lose data with these two reboots.

Soft reboot :
1) Hit the three following keys at the same time :
- Alt
- Right Shift
- Delete
2) wait 2 minutes for the Blackberry to wake up.

Hard reboot :
1) your Blackberry device is on
2) remove the battery and wait for a minute
3) Put the battery back
4) wait 5 minutes for the device to wake up.

Please tell us if it works for you.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
ixiom1

I tried the hard reset and that doesn't seem to have worked. I went in and changed the auto-lock time from 2 minutes to 20 minutes and that seems to have solved the problem... Sort of.
What I don't get is why the phone doesn't realize that I'm watching a movie and that because its in use not to auto-lock?
Contributor
dogmatooth

Because its designed by the some people who are responsible for BB sales slumping