Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

jesshargreaves8
My Device: 9860

Screen problems

Hi i was wondering if someone could help me?

My younger sister decided that it would be funny to throw my phone into the paddling pool this morning. I did what ive always done and had it soaking in a bag of rice in the sun to get the moisture out and it works. My phone turns on and the touch screen works but everything on my screen is now back to front and upside down. For example when it ays blackberry when you turn it on it looks as if you r looking through a mirror upside down. 

Any ideas on how to solve the problem??

thanks 

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Screen problems

Hello jesshargreaves8

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Sorry .. I think it's already too late !

If our BlackBerry ever got wet then we should not try to Turn it ON to see if it works . Should immediately remove the Battery , also SIM  and Media Card. We should place it in a bag of Uncooked rice which absorb the moisture . Should leave it for atleast 3 TO  5 DAYS unless we are sure that moisture has been completely absorbed . Then we should place our BlackBerry on any heat emitting surface like stabilizer ,Over any CRT monitor  Or in the dashboard of a car on a sunny day. Before inserting the battery we should be sure that it is completely dried.

Have you done this after your device got wet ?

Still after following those steps it is not guarantied that our device will be trouble free and will perform as earlier , because when moisture or any liquid substance enter our BlackBerry  it starts corrosion which leads to problem like quick battery drainage , problem in typing and many more ....

Now.. all you can do is visit your service provieder or any repair shop and see what that can offer , But do ask them how much they will charge , most often reparing such device cost much .. and its better to go for a new device rather then reparing , I know it sound bad but it's true :smileysad:

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.