Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
sandeepnijhawan
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: ATT

Sent Email (Gmail App) Does Not Sync

I have two email accounts setup on my Blackberry Torch (without the BES). The first one is a standard gmail account, while the second one is Gmail App hosted account with different domain name.

Both the emails work fine (I can send and recieve emails on both accounts), with the exception of the following issue:

On my Gmail App hosted account, any email that was sent using the web browser does not sync with the blackberry. (Email sent using the blackberry syncs with the web browser.) This issue is NOT seen on the standard gmail account in which an email sent using the web browser syncs and can be seen on the  the blackberry device.

The Gmail App hosted account was setup as an IMAP email server on blackberry.

I did not have the above issue when using the Blackberry Bold. I only started getting this issue when i upgrade to Torch.

Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: Sent Email (Gmail App) Does Not Sync

Is the basic gmail account setup via BIS or are you using Googles own gmail app? Emails sent from the web are not sync'd to the phone at all as far as I understand it unless you are using BES or BESx?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sandeepnijhawan
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Sent Email (Gmail App) Does Not Sync

I am not using Gmail apps on the blackberry device. If I were to use them everything works fine.

As I said in my previous email, the sent emails from web browser sync properly with the standard @gmail.com email account. I have the problem only with my other Gmail hosted email account with a different domain name. I was able to do sent email sync up with the BB Bold device as well.

There are few known issues such as read emails on the web browser don't sync up. I can live this problem for now.

Please use plain text.