Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Etisalat Egy.
Accepted Solution

Service book puzzler

Greetings forum ...i've always had so much help here with ma bold and switching to the torch comes with a whole new set of problems . million thanks for all those who have helped before and all who tried and took there time to read this post and alot others.

I am With a carrier called Etisalat Egypt, 2 days ago i found a retailer selling at&t branded phones claiming its unlocked so i said what the hell i'll try my etisalat egypt SIM card and if i get an "invalid sim card" then its locked  ...and if it worked then i'd just buy it ,and i switched it on with ma sim inside it accepted it and i saw the carrier name on top like a normal device tried a couple of calls and they went through flawlessly ...it never asked me for a "network MEP code" or any other so i believed its unlocked and bought it.

next day i called ma carrier and activated my BIS unlimited plan, i sent ma self a pin message to make sure that the service got activated and i recieved it , also i added a couple of contacts to my BBM and we chated so am sure the service is online ....but then i tried launching the browser and it displayed a message "no browser configuration contact service provider to send service books"

and there lies the puzzler ...my service provider (Etisalat egypt) claims that this vendor id (102) doesnt work with their network and that all BIS related services should not and will not work!!!!!

and since this is egypt i have a feeling they dunno what theyre talking about since i already established that the BIS service is working and that BBM and PIN messaging is functional and that the issue is service book related ...BUT THE CARRIER IN SUCH COUNTRY DOESNT KNOW WHAT A SERVICE BOOK ENTRY IS!!!!!!!

i'm sure if there is someone that could shed some light on whats going on its going to be here in the forums.

Stand by for detailed device specifications as i dont have the device on me right now.

thanks in advance for just taking time to read such a long post.

Omar

1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the white star in the black box to the left of the post.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Solutions: 6,171
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Service book puzzler

[ Edited ]

Try first to push your service books to you:

On your BlackBerry device, go to:

1. Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register.

2. Resend your service books from your carrier BIS site:
From your handheld device:   http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15402

Go to the Personal Email Set Up icon and log in. Then under Help!, select Service Books, then select Send service Books.

From your desktop PC:  http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02830
North American Carriers - scroll down to select your carrier
WorldWide Carriers - Find your carrier on the list

3. With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot. This reboot, even if you have already done this, is often needed to install the service books.

IF doing this does not work, please post back here for other ideas.

>> Click here to get a 10% Off Discount on any BlackBerry from ShopBlackBerry

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor

hey J i was hoping that u see this post . First I'm sorry it took so long to reply.

i tried to create an account on my carrier's BIS mail  before that i registered with the host routing table and i received the "your device is registered to the wireless network" message then i did a battery pull (i noticed that on start up after registering, the browser launches automatically but then it displays the same error message "the browser does not have configuration for service book entries, contact your service provider".

then i tried the BIS mail website from the pc and started creating my account , entered my pin and imei but i got a weird error message "your account cannot be accessed from an  html browser. use the device browser to access your account" and off courseif my browser doesn't have service book entries so i can use it to send my self service book entries. 

J i even tried using the wi-fi browser to create the account, but i got the same "html browser,use the device" error i saw when i tried from the pc .

i tried everything that i could think of.... 

desperately i try calling my carrier again , they first insist that the service shouldn't be working, but then i tell them that the pin messaging is functional and the the BBM also..."which comes as a shocker to them", so they try to manually send the service book entries and they fail (i even tried deleting my already existing browser configuration entries and doing a battery pull, only to find them again when i reboot and still not the right entries).

thank you for trying to help J

and sorry for the delay.

Omar 

1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the white star in the black box to the left of the post.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor

i also have a question about at&t if u dont mind. the tourch is exclusive to them right? so if i put any sim card (thats not at&t) in it i should get the "invalid sim card" message right?

or do they just brand it but keep it unlocked.

Regular Contributor

never mind i got it to work  here is how :

first  I put my data plan sim card into my BB Torch and added my emails and registed into a network in my case Etisalat. Then I took out of the Torch and put in another BB I used my bold 9000 where i can use my data sim card. I waited for like 6 minutes and waited until i was able to use the browser on my BB Flip, then I went to Options, advanced options, and Host Routing Table, then pressed the menu button the one with the little bb sign and pressed register now. after I recieved the message saying i have been registered to a wireless network i went to Options, Service Books, and inside this folder I pressed and held ALT while I typed these letters sbeb yes sbeb there  you should see Legacy SB Restore Enabled just press ok and then connect to desktop manager and back up only the service books, you can choose what you want to back up in the custom settings just choose Service books and write browser configs for Torch so you know which one to use.

Then I took the sim card out of my BB bold and put in my Torch, once the torch turned on i went to Options, Device, Service Books, and in the folder I typed again while pressing ALT sbeb as i did before and pressed ok. Then connected the torch to Desktop manager and restored  the file you create with the name Browser configs for my Torch, then I shut off the torch and when I turned now voila I was able to use my browser.

credits for this solution go to "otto68" i just reposted it for people having the same problem.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9550

Dear Brother would help me in this issue down below?

I have purchased a Storm 2 Verizon from a friend who was coming from the states and it is Verizon locked but is working as GSM phone my service provider is Etisalat Egypt.

when I typed ##000000 I received the following:

Mobile Directory Number: ​011*******

IMSI_S: ​011*******

pESN (Dec): ​12815856172
pESN (Hex): ​80F1F22C

Mobile Country Code: ​602
Mobile Network Code: ​03
Home SID: ​21
Home NID: ​65535
MO Voice SO Home: 3
MO Voice SO Roam: 3
MT Voice SO Home: 3
BlackBerry Registration Id: 2004
Home System Registration: true
Foreign SID Registration: true
Foreign NID Registration: true

A-Key: 

SIP User ID: ​011*******@vzw3g.com
SIP Password: 

MIP User ID:  ​011*******@vzw3g.com
Reverse Tunneling Support: true
Home Address: ​0.0.0.0
Primary HA Address: ​255.255.255.25
Secondary HA Address: ​255.255.255.25
User Profile Index: ​
DMU MN Auth: ​0011111

New Contributor
My Device: storm 9530

Guys, I'm having the same problem with a bb storm 9530. I bought that off the internet & it's a verizon. GSM is unlocked & I have my BIS plan through Etisalat Egypt. Today they made a pin & IMEI look up & confirmed back to me that both fields must be released by Verizon in order to have my BIS plan from Etisalat working.

There are no configurations what so ever on the handsets. No Service books no browser configs no nothing. I only see the 3G in Caps.

I even sent VZ an email message to ask for a solution since my bb will not register on the bb site of Etisalat when I provide the Device PIN & IMEI. Help is needed & thanks in advance. Would you think the sim card placement attempt mentioned above work with Storm 9530 ?

New Contributor

Okay at least I made an attempt: this is the email message that I got from Verizon Wireless today in reply to my inquiry about not being able to have BB internet services on the Storm 9530 with Etisalat Egypt.

"Verizon Wireless is the exclusive carrier of the Blackberry Storm 9530 and as such we do not provide unlock codes for the equipment.

Thank you, 

Steve 

Verizon Wireless 

Headquarters

Executive Office"

New Contributor

Okay now this is internal information that I managed to understand from my carrier who actually took my Storm 9530 & made several technical attempts to run the phone on the local network:

The Storm Verizon or Verizon BB's in general will not operate BIS in Egypt. Even if you flash the handset. This is due to the core configuration of the phone ROM that is manufactured with VPN parameters that will only see BIS through Verizon & no other parameters are written to the core of the device. Even PIN or IMEI release will not do the job since the handset will not be able to detect any BIS except through Verizon. As much as this is sad to know, as much as it shows how freedom is still far away although everyone speaks about it Smiley Wink I believe now that I should make a final attempt & blow up the phone. Even if it wont work, atleast RIM & VZW or any other operators should know that they will keep losing due to such strategies.

cheers