Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Developer
lund
My Device: 9900 + 32 GB PB

Set the Lock Button to "Password Lock" the device

Is this possible? The lock button is too sensitive for my liking and i constantly realize that the phone has unlocked while in my pocket - this is really annoying so if I could switch the feature of the lock button to do a password lock instad that would be nice.

Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10

Re: Set the Lock Button to "Password Lock" the device

I think the nearest you may get is to set a password in the security menu with a time out of 5 minutes.

New Developer
lund
My Device: 9900 + 32 GB PB

OK, thanks, I guess I'll have to sacrifice my convenience button instead - a 5 min timeout might be too annoying at times :smileyhappy:

avkamit
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Press "K" on the keyboard. its the short key for password lock. Thats what I use.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

go to app world, look for pattern lock

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Clearwriter
My Device: Not Specified

Well after practically losing my mind trying to work out a way to lock the whole phone quickly like I used to on Curve, I found someone suggesting that you assign 'Password Lock' to a keyboard key.

I couldn't do this (just couldn't find a way) but came across this way in the process. If you are willing to lose the convience key for video or whatever you use it for, you can assign it to 'Password Lock'.

I've done this, now I just press one button (I don't mind not having a quick route to the camera) like on the curve and the phone is locked, open or closed.

Jynxx
My Device: blackberry torch

Would u mind explaining how u did this exactly? Thanks :smileyhappy:

Contributor
koboss
My Device: Not Specified

I don't like this lock screen button either so I use the storm screen slider lock unlock from crackberry free dnloads
Contributor
dogmatooth
My Device: Torch 9800

When I press "K" whist browsing, I go to my shortcuts.
What I want is to be able to watch a video without being timed out by the phone's auto-lock but also without turning the auto-lock off. Any suggestion?