Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Gardenequipment
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

Sim card error

I rebooted my BlackBerry torch a few days ago and when it had rebooted, I had a message saying "Sim card error". My network provider Orange have sent me out a new Blackberry Torch as my Sim card works fine in my old Nokia phone, but when I put my Sim card into the replacement BlackBerry, I still have the same "Sim card error".

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Sim card error

Sounds like a bad sim card to me. I'd get a new sim card. Not sure why they didn't try that first.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Gardenequipment
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Sim card error

Thanks John, there is a new Sim card arriving tomorrow but as the Sim card worked on my old Nokia phone, my network and phone provider, Orange, thought it was properly a phone issue! Hopefully when I put the new Sim card in, it will work.

Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.