Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

lifetomax
My Device: Torch 9800

Since O/S update Bluetooth to car kit wont connect properly

I have just upgraded my Blackberry 9800 O/S and now it will not connect to my Range Rover phone kit via bluetooth and it always worked before. Other phones all still connect to the range rover - what bug has been introduced here and when/what will be done to fix it as I cannot roll back the O/S.  Apple IOS works fine.

sees bluetooth inbuilt car kit, connect to it and then shows "land rover bluetooth connection failed" - have tried reboot of phone and changing settings to no avail. Try with any other phone and it connects straight away as normal and always has.  Is this another Bberry Bluetooth issue I have read about. Wishing I hadnt upgraded now as cannot use handsfree in car due to O/S update.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue since the recent O/S update by Bberry ??

Please use plain text.
Sgober
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Since O/S update Bluetooth to car kit wont connect properly

2005 Range Rover L322 Bluetooth problems with Blackberry

This problem began with my wanting to connect my blackberry to the Bluetooth in the RR. The story ends with success.

I tried many things to make this happen, and as most older RR owners know it’s very difficult to find any solid advice that seems to work. Here is my story.

2005 Range Rover HSE – removed the 2005 Nokia BT unit and replaced it with a late 2007 early 2008 “XVJ500420” unit. I had the Blackberry Bold at that time. Was able to get the two to ‘talk’ a few times however the second day I had nothing but problems and they never ‘spoke’ again.

I deleted and re-added the ‘Land Rover’ connection a thousand times. Knowing I was changing carriers I decided to wait. Then I took my RR to the dealer and while there I had the dealer look into the unit. He stated the unit was not as new as I thought. I contacted the seller and the seller offered me a newer unit in exchange to try and help the solution.

The new unit I installed came out of a 2008 Range Rover. It had a “Ford” style part number but was made by Land Rover. I looked up on the Land Rover web site the configuration and testing that had been documented by the RR engineers between the Bluetooth and Blackberry.

My current ‘version’ of the blackberry software allowed me to connect once but then I began to have problems after a day. {Side note: This was a new Blackberry 9800 that worked right out of the box with this setup. I installed all of the updates available and all my customary applications and the Bluetooth connection failed every time. I installed things like Google Search, Facebook, Twitter, Blackberry Enterprise Server connection, Chase Bank, Discover, and Amex. The unit failed to connect after these installs even after repeated attempts to delete the Bluetooth connection and reconnect}

I went to ATT’s Blackberry OS download site and downloaded the OS that was as close to the ‘version tested’ in the Land Rover compatibility information. I wiped my new phone and downgraded my OS version to that “time period”.

I tested the connection and it worked perfectly.
Installed my applications one by one and tested accordingly. Worked perfect.
Installed the unit to the Blackberry Enterprise Server after having the engineer disable any and all software updates. Connection failed.
Removed the keys, locked the truck and waited for the red flashing light to go out. Unlocked truck, turned key “ON” connection failed.
Removed keys again, deleted the Bluetooth connection, turned RR to the “ON” position, re-added the ‘Landrover’ BT connection, paired the units and has worked flawlessly for a week now.

I am not a Nokia or RR engineer (I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once) but I am confident that the 2008 Nokia BT unit installed in my 2005 Range Rover used in conjunction with a Blackberry running on the same or similar OS as was tested (for that year Bluetooth module) will function as indicated.

Suggestion: if you are having problems connecting your Blackberry to ANY year BT unit is to try and begin with a Blackberry that has a fresh OS install that is circa the same time frame as published by Land Rovers compatibility guide. If after you install an app or software you test the communication between the RR and the BT unit. Should it have failed when previously worked try to delete the pairing and re-marry the two.

If that fails try and uninstall the previously installed application and reboot.

This is my story and it ends with a smile.

Please use plain text.