Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

gwenloeffler
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Smart Dock Configuration

I recently purchased a Sync Pod for my Blackberry Torch 9810. According to the manual, I should have seen a Smart Dock dialog box as soon as I connected my smartphone to the sync pod. I did not see this dialog box, so I have been unable to configure the phone for the sync pod. Is there any way I can view this Smart Dock dialog box?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Re: Smart Dock Configuration

Do you have a link for this charging pod?  I'd like to have a look to see if we can be of further assistance.

I've not personally heard of such a thing, but I'm almost of the belief that the dialog box they refer to is the same as if you had plugged your device straight through to the PC with the USB cable.  That dialog box gives you three options:  1) to used your device in USB mode, 2) sync media and 3) charge only.

I could be wrong, which is why I'd like to look at this pod you purchased, but I'm thinking that might be what they're referring to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
gwenloeffler

Thanks for offering the advice. It is the Blackberry Sync Pod - http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/accessory-details/?q_categoryid=cat1370027&q_sku=sku4....

I do see those three options, but when I click on each, they do not give me the option to Configure, nor do they sync my data.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

[ Edited ]

Okay, just as I suspected, this pod is merely a place to hold your device while charging and while you use the Desktop Manager software to sync your device.  :smileyhappy:  The pod itself will not automatically do the sync.

If you haven't already, download the BlackBerry Desktop Manager (DM) software to your PC from here.

Once you've done that, connect your device to the pod, select "Charge Only," then launch the DM software on your PC.

Then you can use the following document to help you configure DM for synchronization.  Scroll down in the document to section on BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0+.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB17022

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
csiebert
My Carrier: MTN

[ Edited ]

Hi. Please can you confirm whether or not, using the charging pod as shown in the post above, it is at all possible to configure a smart dock profile so that the 9810 enters "bedside mode" whenever you plug it into the pod?

Please use plain text.