Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
ConnorKM
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Social Networks and Emails for Torch on Virgin Mobile

I only just got my Torch (9800) today and everything seemed fine until I tried to either connect to twitter or facebook using the social feeds app or their individual app, also I cannot set up an email account or log in on bb app world. When trying to connect to facebook I get an error message ' We cannot reach the Facebook server at this time. Please try again later ( 100 ) ' Twiiter tells me it is unavailable and pretty much any default app on the Torch that I need to log into I can't.

I am guessing something will be sorted out by itself but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

Thanks ! 

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Social Networks and Emails for Torch on Virgin Mobile

Hi there,

From what you're describing, I'm guessing that your BlackBerry data plan was not set up correctly.  Try contacting Virgin Mobile and ensure that you have a BlackBerry data plan (BIS - BlackBerry Internet Service) set up on your account and ensure that their settings are correct.  That should get you up and running.

I hope that helps, but keep us posted.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ConnorKM
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

The thing is I bought my Torch online on Pay as You Go and it came unlocked so any SIM could go in. I now use a virgin sim would it still be possible to contact virgin ? 

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Yes. You just need to confirm with Virgin that you have a BlackBerry data plan on your account. Without a BlackBerry data plan, the most you can do is use the WAP browser to browse the web (you will not be using the actual BlackBerry browser).

There is one other potential problem that you might face. Virgin may or may not have the service books for OS 6. If they don't, then the Torch will still have problems on Virgin (no problems on Telus, Rogers or Bell though). Unfortunately, I cannot confirm if they do or don't.

I hope this extra info helps more. Keep me posted.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bommie15
My Device: Not Specified

hey man i have the same problem! did you manage to sort yours out?

Please use plain text.