Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: O2 UK

Social feeds and podcasts - not working properly in UK?

I've recenly got myself a BB Torch (O2 UK) which I'm really pleased with, but have been disappointed to see that I don't appear to be able to use BB's own 'Social Feeds' app to receive RSS feeds of my choice (e.g. news) or to fully use BB's own podcasts app.

Re the podcast app, from looking at other message boards and forums this seems to be a UK problem in that podcasts can be accessed (from the BB memory) and played via this app, but they can't be downloaded, meaning a 3rd party app is required.  I've installed Podtrapper and am still on the free trial, but I'm slightly irritated that I need to pay for this capability when it should be built-in to the Torch in the first place.  Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?

With the 'social feeds' app, am I correct in stating that this should be able to show RSS feeds?  Or is this not the case?  The BB user manual suggest you can do this but there are no options in the settings menu for SF to add new RSS feeds - you can simply change settings for those you already have.  So, I went to a news site to which I already subscribe to RSS and, in the browser options, selected 'Add to RSS Feeds', on the basis that this should show up in 'Social Feeds'.

However, it doesn't show up there, even after a full ctrl/alt/del reboot.  Should RSS feeds appear there or is there somewhere else I can view them/

I know that there are 3rd party apps you can use but I like the speed of Social Feeds - I downloaded a RSS Reader which synchronises with my google reader and over GPRS it's very slow - plus, what's the point of having this potential capability on your phone if you can't use it?

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them.