Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800 & Playbook

Software problems

My Blackberry phone is giving problems since the last device software upgrade last month. The Torch 9810. The phone is freezing, the contacts disappear in bbm so that only the chats are visible, the cursor can't be moved, no pictures can be saved, even those taken with the phones camera. 

I'm using V7.1 Bundle1149 (v7.1.0.342, platform 5.1.0.276), I did the upgrade on 10 June and haven't stopped having trouble with the phone since.

Each time I try to find a new update it says none are available, but I see there is a v.7.1.0.536 available on the net.

Developer
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Re: Software problems

Hi,

It seems that there has been some issue with the software upgrade procedure...please reinstall the OS, this will solve all the issue u have...

NB: do take a backup of ur BB b4 reinstallation... 

with regards
simply abhik...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up... :Yes:
For BB OS update: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2

Read this article about reloading OS.

How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows.

After reloading OS, update your BlackBerry Messenger.

Thanks.

Good luck!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800 & Playbook

I did the reload, most of the problems are resolved, but the cursor still doesn't want to move backwards. If i want to move back I either have to delete what I have already typed or I have to touch the screen and that isn't always accurate.