Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: O2

Software update

Hello All,

i have Torch 9860- Firmware 7.0, under Options > Device can't finde: Software updates (not listed).

Please Help.

Thanks

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Software update

Hello bbnino9860

Welcome to the Community

Please restart the phone by removing and placing the battery back while the device is ON. This process fixes the application modules in it without losing any data stored. Let us know if you still experience the issue after this.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

New Contributor

Hello Ron,

thanks for your help..

It (unfortunately) did not work..i did exactly as you explaind.

nino

Forums Veteran I

Please plug in the device to a PC with a Blackberry Desktop Software and update your OS.

Ron
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

New Contributor

I have tried from the BB website to update to OS 7.1, this version was listed but when I chose it i got a message that I should not (only for subscribed users or somthing like that).
how should I update it?

Forums Veteran I

Please check the Article below on how to update the device.

Install or update device software on a BlackBerry smartphone without using BlackBerry Desktop Softwa...

Ron

New Contributor

I will try..

thanks again

Forums Veteran I

You're welcome. Goodluck

Ron

New Contributor

Hello Ron,

sorry to ask again..

I bought this device at BB-dealers in dubai, on package was: blackberry middle east, I use a simm card with O2 Germany (I live here) .. two questions please:
First: is there any different between the devices for Europe and the Middle East?
Second: how can I download the updates regardless of my provider (O2 Germany is not in the list)?

Thank you very much

Forums Veteran I

You can actually download an OS from another carrier thru this link:

http://us.blackberry.com/support/apps-and-software/desktop-and-device-download-sites.html

then follow the steps here:

Install or update device software on a BlackBerry smartphone without using BlackBerry Desktop Softwa...

Please follow the steps on this Article BUT before going to Step 2, please access:

For computers using a 32-bit Windows® XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating system:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

For computers using a 64-bit Windows® XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating system:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader

and look for Vendor.xml and permanently delete it (shift+del)

Good Luck

Ron