Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
wadge
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: O2

Solid Blue Light

I have a solid blue light on my blackberry Torch 9810 and cannot get it to turn off.  I have not got the phone wet, it just came on.  Bluetooth is not even turned on.  I have taken the battery out etc but it just won't turn off. Can someone please help

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Solid Blue Light

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wadge

I didn't change anything, but I might have dropped it on the floor before this started. Would that change how I should try and resolve?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Nope...still try Safe Mode...though what is now more likely is that, when you dropped it, you damaged something inside. If that is the case, there is nothing to be done at an internet-distance.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wadge

I have tried safe mode, and uninstalled anything that might have been updated, and it is still the same.

The blue light didn't come on straight after I dropped it though, which is making me think it wasn;t that, as it wasn't dropped very far.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

It is actually quite impossible to diagnose anything with hardware at an internet-distance. Also, how far it dropped might be irrelevant...if it fell at a particular angle, on a particular surface, or a whole host of other variables could have affected the result of the fall. But, again, such is impossible to diagnose at an internet distance. All we can do is make guesses based on the information you choose to reveal.

Now that you've said the blue light didn't come on immediately, that too may change things. So, let's stop now...please describe, in exact detail, exactly what happened leading up to this behavior beginning. We're getting details bit by bit, and that's a bit inefficient.

Thanks.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wadge

I dropped the phone approximately a meter onto the floor (Lino), the blue light didn't come on then. I then put the phone on the side (Still no blue light), and came back 30 minutes later to find the blue light was on. I have turned the blue tooth led off, turned the bluetooth itself off. Removed the battery and left it 6 hours.  I have uninstalled 3 apps that may have been updated in the previous day, and removed the battery again.  The blue light just remains on the whole time even when turned off, unless the battery is taken out.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK thanks. From everything you've described as well as what you've already tried, my guess remains a hardware issue...somehow, it took a bit of time while it was "on the side" (whatever that means) to manifest, but still I can't, from what you've so far told us and tried (e.g., Safe Mode), deduce anything else.

There are more drastic things for you to attempt, to continue ruling out more things and perhaps find one that is causal. They are quite drastic -- WIPE, OS Reload, BBSAK Wipe/Reload, "Bare Bones" OS reloading diagnostic process, etc.

But, just to warn you, these steps can take some time to conduct...depending on results as well as your suite of installed add ons, several hours, perhaps days, perhaps weeks. I can't guess how long it will all take. And, if the results remain consistent, then you'd have to conduct them all the way to the end, only to continue to indicate (remember, there can be no diagnosis) that the problem is hardware.

If you decide to pursue that route, then please prepare by clicking the link in my auto-sig on this post regarding backups...you'll need a very solid backup of everything as the process will be quite destructive to the data on your BB now.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.