Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
DrRalph
My Device: Torch 9800

Sorting by Last Name

I am new to this forum and just traded "up" to a Torch from a 8310.... got sick of a stuck little ball.  So far I love the phone but cannnot sort my Contacts by Last Name.  I read the post on this and followed the steps... no luck.   I did what one person suggested.. Sort by Company and Save; then go back and do Last Name... no luck. Still defaults to First Name.  The guy who sold it to me at the ATanT store said it was a 'bug' and to wait for a new OS to fix.   Not good enough.   Ironically and fortunately my BMW sorts the contacts by Last Name on its own.   So I guess BMW is smarter than Blackberry?   Any suggestions/

Thanks

Ralph

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Sorting by Last Name

i just sorted by the last name on mine, will have to see if it sticks.

What OS are you on?

Type in a new message MYVER and a spcae to see it

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
DrRalph
My Device: Torch 9800

I am on OS "6.0 Bundle 695 (v6.00.246 Platform 6.4.0105)"

thanks for the help

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

might be too soon to tell, but they are still sorted by last name.

have you tried taking the battery ou while the device is on?

then put back in and see if it persists.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V