Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Hez
New Contributor
Hez
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Staff not helping - Faulty Device

Hi, I've had my Blackberry Torch since about March 2012, the first week it worked and since then, it has froze constantly, varying from about 5 seconds to 2 minutes and is very frustrating. If I ever needed my phone in an emergancy, I.e to ring an ambulance I will have to wait for my phone to stop freezing, in which time, there could be serious consiquences. I have rung up the blackberry support centre about 8 times now and they've just said the same, -reset your phone, check for updates and take the battery out.

NONE of which work, and I have lost my temper with them and told them I've tried that and they just suggest to keep trying.

I am now really frustrated as I cannot cancel my contract and I'm stuck with this phone for another year and a month.

I will NOT be purchasing another blackberry device again.

My friends have also had the same issue and they too, are very displeased with the lack of support from the so called 'support centre'

I could continue, but this would be more of a 2000 word essay than a short post.

- A very frustrated Jayce.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10

Re: Staff not helping - Faulty Device

While their advice is the advice I'd give, do you have many apps running on your phone at a time? Pressing the red end key to exit an app will leave it running and in memory. You can check what apps are open by holding the menu key - it will display all the running apps. 

Normally on my torch I have Home, Phone, Browser, BBM, Messages and WhatsApp running. 

To truely exit an app, you should press the menu key and select Exit from there. 

Doing a regular battery pull can help - i/e every morning. There are apps in the App World that allow you to schedule a reboot. 

If you only have the core apps running and it still freezes every few minutes I would expect your carrier to take it in and have the phone checked. Reading your comments this does not seem to have happend. 

Hez
New Contributor
Hez
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Re: Staff not helping - Faulty Device

I read up on the phone freezing, and like you said, people suggested exiting all apps, which I do now, but I only have about 3 apps in my phone, the problem still persists, I have literally tried everything in the book to sort it, and I have told them on the phone, yet they stil do not suggest anything new, such as taking it in, they do everything to avoid that.. I must take the battery out about 3 times a day and still nothing..