Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
TazzyK
My Device: Blackberry 9810

Strange Calender Problem - Duplication etc

I've had my BB 9810 for 20 months now and it's been a good phone.  Time for a change soon I guess :smileyhappy:

Anyway, it has this slighlty annoying problem that I haven't been able to rectify and it seems a lot of people have had a variation of this problem but without any real solutions.

In a nutshell, the calender keeps duplicating the entries.  For example, I have (mostly) birthday reminders in my calender which are shown in the message bar thing (next 3), however, when I receive a reminder for a current event, it suddenly shows the event twice.  I then have to go into the calender and manually delete one of the occurences, but it continues to show 2 events until it has lapsed.

I don't use syncing (except when I first got the phone and used outlook to transfer some contacts and details (jncluding some calender events) over.  It does this with newer entries as well that I have manually entered.

Any help appreciated.

Retired
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Strange Calender Problem - Duplication etc

Hello TazzyK,

Thank you for your question regarding the Calendar entry duplication issue you are experiencing.

What is your default Calendar currently set to under Options - Device - Advanced - Default service? Does the duplication occur as soon as the appointment is created?

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
TazzyK

Hi. Thank you for the reply. I've just checked and it is set to 'facebook'. The duplication occurs after the notification alarm goes off only when an even becomes due. Thank you for your help.
Retired
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Try setting your default CICAL Calendar to one of your email addresses, save it then test again by creating a new appointment.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
TazzyK

Thanks for the reply Fozziebear and apologies for the late reply.... I wanted to make sure the solution you suggested worked before replying.

So far so good.... I've changed the CICAL to my email and it hasn't duplicated yet.  I haven't marked this as a solution yet though, simply because I have a feeling the duplications only occur on 'All Day' events that I recieve a reminder for at 11.45pm....  Yet to test this, but looking good so far.