Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch

Strange Problem with my 9800 Torch

I got my phone right before thanksgiving and so far this has happened 4 times now.

While in its case my phone will some how select a photo from the "camera" album usualy the last one taken and send it to someone in my contacts as a text message any where from 2-3 times "once 9 times"

After the first time I thought maybe the icons got pressed somehow and sence then I always minimize the home tab and press the lock screen button.

So some how with the screen minimised and the screen locked my phone is sending pics to people on its own.

Luckly nothing embarrasing has been sent to anyone.

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Strange Problem with my 9800 Torch

The phone will go into an automatic sleep mode when you have it in the holster, when the phone is in its sleep mode the screen will not work and will be blacked out.

Since the issue is going on while the phone is in or coming out of the holster this would point to a glitch in the OS on the phone. Myself, I would suggest you complete a master reset on the phone to ensure the OS is clear. This would also clear out any of the glitches, if the issue still happens you might want to look into a replacement.