Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
GumbaJonny
My Device: Torch 9810 "Torch 2"
My Carrier: AT&T

Strange YouTube quality problem

(Torch 9810)

So I've been having this weird issue with video quality on YouTube. Whether I'm on 3G or Wifi it still plays the video on very low quality settings, where previously they would play at high quality. But then I noticed that when YouTube play videos off of Google Search, I don't have these quality issues. I tested this with the same video, too. Any idea of what the problem is?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Strange YouTube quality problem

some others have mentioned it

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch/video-quality-randomly-decreased/td-p/210386...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GumbaJonny

[ Edited ]

€^^^ 

cool.

So I'm guessing that there's a faulty update of sorts and it affects the YouTube (if it actually is an app and not JUST a redirect to m.youtube.com) which screws with he video quality, right? Because I started noticing this probably yesterday, just like the people in the thread. 

Great.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

google started to do a clean up of its services and maybe this is included in it

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GumbaJonny

OH. Well that makes a lot of sense.
Thanks.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GumbaJonny

Wait, nevermind. I tested out m.youtube.com on another mobile device and the video quality came out fine in HD. It's not Google, it's this phone. Is there really anything I can do right away to fix this?
Please use plain text.