01-06-2012 09:34 AM - edited 01-06-2012 09:36 AM
I tried to download 7digital and my phone is now in an endless restart loop and it will not load my phone! I even did a battery pull!
01-06-2012 09:59 AM
start in safe mode to disable the app on startup, then delete and reinstall it.
01-06-2012 10:23 AM
the one to the right of the track pad, not the red button
01-06-2012 10:26 AM - edited 01-06-2012 10:41 AM
I looked up where the escape key is and I tried it though it did not work. I hold the key after the LED goes out and nothing happens other than going into the endless retart loop.
01-06-2012 10:59 AM
it might be that it is more corrupt than we thought.
Doyou have a backup of your device or using BlackBerry Protect?
01-06-2012 11:14 AM
I do freqent back ups of my device, but do not use BlackBerry Protect.
I thought I may reinstall my O/S but that is not bossible given that the phone has to be able to be turned on in order to connect to the BlacBerry software on my PC.
01-06-2012 11:19 AM
BBSAK might be ale to nuke it so you can.
Manual device OS upgrade instructions:
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
5. This step is not needed unless there is an issue on next steps. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to step 6
6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.
7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.
8. if you did Step 5, restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339
Enjoy the new OS.