Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: BB 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Suggested Improvements

First, I love this phone.  This post is to hopefully give you a few ideas on what I find is missing.

1) More Apps

2) Fast Forward in the Media Player (I listen to pod casts in the car, wish I could just press and hold the <next> button and skip through quickly. The only way if very cumbersome and frustrating.

3) Folders to organize apps (just 4 built in, allow us to create and do what we want)

Other than that, great job guys.  Next version will have more memory and processor I'm sure.

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Suggested Improvements

[ Edited ]

i really hope someone is going to read our suggestions and the next update will have improvements.

I agree to fast fowarding, my trouble with it now is that since there's no fast foward button, i'd have to click on the spot of where i want the track to play and the slider is so small that my fingers can rarely click the slider the first time, i end up clicking on next track button or something.

i believe the issue isn't entire MORE apps, its a problem of BETTER apps. since blackberry has a phone on par (for the most part) with competitors now, update the interface of the apps!!! but i know its mostly on the makers of the apps, not blackberry themselves for this issue.

although folder's arent an issue for me because i just drag my most used apps to favorites and if it isnt there, its usually in most frequently used, but it would be a great feature to have, creating new folders and more customization.

1) free program to save login credentials on the browser?? i know there is one available to purchase...but i shouldn't have to pay for a service like THAT on a smartphone like THIS.

2) when i view non-mobile sites, i cant click on links sometimes, it would just highlight it and do nothing...i'd have to manually use the trackpad to go to the link and then click on it.

3) can we set more than one alarm please? i dont want aftermarket apps to do this, mulitple alarm functions should be standard.

4) MOST IMPORTANTLY, the thing i have the most issue with....whenever i get a notification of a new text message and i open it, the new message is never shown, im always scrolled up halfway into the conversation so i'd have to scroll back down each time to see the new message. its like i can't reply quickly without seeing what the message is...

ANYONE else having a few issues with the new blackberry torch? please post suggestions and hopefully someone would read this and fix our issues....

dont get me wrong, i think that this is the best blackberry yet! its faster, has a better interface, good touch screen. but it still has some work to do if blackberry wants to compete with the android os and with iphone.