Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
saminksiii
My Device: Not Specified

Switch Device

I have been trying to use the desktop function to switch devices from a bold 9000 to a new torch. I keep getting errors on applications that won't work (apparently) on the torch. Is there any way to bypass them. All I am really concerned about is contacts and calendar entries although messages might be nice as well. I can put the rest of it together but how do I get past the one that are failing. BB messenger is one that fails???

appdreamer
My Device: Torch

Re: Switch Device

I have the new Torch, and am trying to do a Device Switch from a Bold 9700. I plug in the 9700, the back-up stuff happens, then it asks for the next phone. I plug in the Torch, get a confusing screen on the Torch asking me for "USB Device, Sync Media, or Chage Only". None of which I actually want to do. But I have tried all three, plus just letting it time out and go away. Then I proceed on the desktop manager by selecting Torch from the list of one device connected. Then it gives me the progress bar page and nothing happens. Eventually I get an error.

If Blackberry can't support updating the last model to this model, I will take it back and get my money back from AT&T and cancel my account. I guess they have 28 days to figure it out.

Trusted Contributor
donb2
My Device: Torch 9800

well i upgraded from a 8900 just fine.  and some apps won't work, so just delete them.  i have AT&T also.

Contributor
Jrnygirl
My Device: BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800

are either of you using the Desktop Manager that you used with your Bold?  I was doing that and getting errors.  You need to download the newest version of the BB Desktop software.

What I did was back up my Bold on the old software, downloaded the new software, plugged in the Torch and opened up the new software, clickthe USB Drive option on the Torch screen and then on the Torch Desktop software under device select Restore or switch devices (sorry, can't remember which one).