Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Trusted Contributor
RobertP
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile CZ

Switch from Bold 9700 to Torch 9800?

Hi everybody.

I thing about to switch from my Bold 9700 to Torch 9800. Is there anybody here who made this switch before? Would you recomend it or would you better give me an advice to stay with the Bold 9700?

I am an average user on BES, use the BBmessenger, Facebook, browsing, no music.

Thanks for you replies and advices!

Robert

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Switch from Bold 9700 to Torch 9800?

[ Edited ]

I did the 9700 to 9800 switch, biggest mistake was using some older apps on it that were not compatable.

The social feeds app works nice, I had social scope but that app was eating up battery life. It is now ready for OS 6 but now I am used to social feeds and SS does not display enough data for me now.

I would try your apps one by one if you have any and try them for a bit in case one gives an issue.

Also make sure you are on OS 246, it is very solid for me. 141 was not so good that shipped with earlier devices.

I am enjoying the Torch a lot.

Let us know how you progress.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
RobertP
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile CZ

Thanks for the reply. All my apps will run on the Torch. What about the battery? Which difference have you got compared to the Bold 9700?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I am a heavy user most of the time. I can get through the whole day with heavy use. I have been able to get through a whole weekend with light use. Depends on how much you use it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.