If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Visitor
NeedaLoan
My Device: Not Specified

Sych error CRTranRec:​:GetLinked​RecordID : Invalid linked recordId

My operating system is Windows 8 and I downloaded Desktop Software v 7. I am able to synch my contacts to outlook but not my calendar or notes. After the program goes through all the steps, it gives me that message and when I check, my contacts are ok but no other info. Can someone help, please

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Sych error CRTranRec:​:GetLinked​RecordID : Invalid linked recordId

Hi NeedaLoan

Please Check this Knowledge Base Article regarding this error message :

KB31008 : Error "CRTranRec:: GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id" is displayed when synchronizing with the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
nicksmith58
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have had this same problem in synchronising with Outlook.  Firstly only synchroniising calendar with the setting one way only - device to computer replace all items on computer.  Got this error message and no tranfer of data.  Then set to two way sychronising and data did transfer but still got error message.  How can I be sure the sychronisation has happended fully and properly?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

nicksmith58 wrote:

I have had this same problem in synchronising with Outlook.  Firstly only synchroniising calendar with the setting one way only - device to computer replace all items on computer.  Got this error message and no tranfer of data.  Then set to two way sychronising and data did transfer but still got error message.  How can I be sure the sychronisation has happended fully and properly?

Thanks

If there any error occurred during the sync process then you'll be notified at the end of the sync process.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Contributor
thevaughans
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone

The problem is caused by flawed recurring appointments in your calendar and the solution is simple. It will require that you use your BB data as the base as you'll need to wipe the calendar data on you PC or Laptop. I'm assuming you're using Outlook. Here goes

1. Set synchronization to be fro your BB to your PC
  2. In Outlook view your Calendar as All Appointments and add a column "Created"
  3. Synchronise and watch the appointments arrive in Outlook as the Sync runs
  4. When the offending appointment arrives the Sync will stop.
  5. Sort the calendar from oldest to newest Created and the last entry will be the offending appointment.
  6. Delete the appointment on your BB
  7. Synchronise again until all the offending appointments have been removed. I only had two out of 500 appointments and the whole process took about ten minutes.  

I can't claim credit for this solution; I found it on another forum but I've forgotten which one so you are the original author reading this, thanks!

AV

Please use plain text.