Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
CelinaIOP
My Device: Torch

Synch error

Ive got a synch error message which states as follow:

CRTranRec:: GetlinkedRecordId:: Invalid linked record Id

What should I do?

My Torch doesn´t sync....

Thanks tons,

Celina

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2

Re: Synch error

CelinaIOP wrote:

Ive got a synch error message which states as follow:

CRTranRec:: GetlinkedRecordId:: Invalid linked record Id

What should I do?

My Torch doesn´t sync....

Thanks tons,

Celina

Hi Celina,

Read this article.

Error "CRTranRec:: GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id" is displayed when synchronizing wit...

Do a battery pull while your BlackBerry powered ON and reinsert again.

Good luck!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
Contributor
CelinaIOP
My Device: Torch

Hi!  Thanks for the link... but it says:

This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.

So, I did the battery pull to see if that works....  I´ll let you know.

Any other suggestion?

KR

Celina. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos

Read this article and follow the steps.

How to clear the user content databases from the BlackBerry smartphone

Hope it helps.

Good luck!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jwsloway
My Device: Bold 9900

[ Edited ]

So while we are waiting patiently for a solution to this problem do we uninstall 7.1 and reinstall what we had - that worked just fine?  In other words, is this something that could take days or weeks?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

jwsloway wrote:

So while we are waiting patiently for a solution to this problem do we uninstall 7.1 and reinstall what we had - that worked just fine?  In other words, is this something that could take days or weeks?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

As a user-to-user community, no one here can answer your question with any level of authority whatsoever. RIM provides zero front line support to end users, including warranty...and these forums are not a channel for any formal communication with RIM whatsoever. All formal support starts with the carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers, all who can escalate cases into RIM at no charge to the end user.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jwsloway

Tell me about it!  I guess what I was looking for was to see if anyone whatsoever had a link to a download to the old Desktop Software, such as 6.0, 5.0, etc.  Even CNET's links for 6.0 now go to RIM's 7.1.  It appears that once you bite, you cannot go back?  C'mon, there  has to be  a way.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos

If you need version 6, here are some links:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/253387-archived-rim-desktop-software.html

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

jwsloway wrote:

Tell me about it!  I guess what I was looking for was to see if anyone whatsoever had a link to a download to the old Desktop Software, such as 6.0, 5.0, etc.  Even CNET's links for 6.0 now go to RIM's 7.1.  It appears that once you bite, you cannot go back?  C'mon, there  has to be  a way.

Ah yes...as you can see, when you ask your question clearly, the volunteers can respond with information, as is posted above.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jwsloway

Big thanks to jsanders via iansantos.  Until RIM addresses the 7.1 problems with synching, if is necessary to delete any and all traces of your 7.1 attempt, reboot, and reinstall 6.0 or earlier.  Then you have to reset all the synch assumptions, and then re-scynch with your 'berry.  Takes a little while... BUT it worked.  BACK TO THE FUTURE ;-)

JS 

Please use plain text.