Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

Synchronising outlook calender

I am struggling with synchronising my BB with my outlook calender.  I have followed all the instructions I can find but I am obviously missing something.

I am trying to configure my calender on desktop manager but when i press 'configure', the outlook profile drop down is empty and so I cant get any further.

please can anyone help as this is driving me mad.  I am having to manually enter all appointments twice, once in BB and then again in Outlook.  my mail synchronises automatically.

thanks in advance.

Solutions: 6,065
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Synchronising outlook calender

Please review this Knowledge Base article:

Article ID: KB31694 When configuring Desktop Software 7 for synchronization Outlook is missing from the drop down menu

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

thanks for this but the fix it tool says it doesnt work on my operating system (vista i think). so i tried to fix manually (as per instructions) but i don't have a 'run' option in my start menu.  any ideas??

Oh, you didn't say you were on Vista. Sorry you are. I don't know Vista.

But I used google search:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/What-happened-to-the-Run-command

What happened to the Run command?

The Search box that appears on the Start menu in this version of Windows provides much of the same functionality as the Run command. However, the Run command is still available if you prefer to use it. You can even add it to the Start menu for easier access.

To add the Run command to the Start menu

1. Open Taskbar and Start Menu Properties by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Taskbar and Start Menu.

2. Click the Start Menu tab, and then click Customize.

3. In the list of Start menu options, select the Run command check box, and then click OK. The Run command will be displayed on the right side of the Start menu.

Tip

Tip

You can also access the Run command by pressing Windows logo key Picture of the Windows logo key+R.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Ok - we are getting closer!  I addedd Run to start successfully and then followed instructions provided earlier.  but in the registry editor, instead of 'Microsoft Outlook', I have 'Microsoft Outlook Virtual' .  then I am stuck as I dont know what a subkey is.  sorry i am being a bit useless but tahnks for all your help so far!

Well, I really need to stop here. I don't know what your editing and if you're editing your Vista PC operating system registry keys, that can VERY tricky and you can really mess something up.

Can you be specific?

Knowledge Base Updates