Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
opadesk12
My Carrier: AT&T

Syncing Notes

I had set my Blackberry sync to be two way between my phone device and Outlook on my computer.  Somehow the Notes data on my computer got messed up.  I tried to delete all of the Notes.  Then I set my Blackberry sync to be one way from the device to the computer and synced it.  That worked to add the Notes to the computer.  I rsset the sync setting to two way.  Now every time I run a sync it wants to add 200+ and delete 200+.  Once more I reset it to one way and chose "replace all files on [receiving end]."  That worked, too.  Reset setting to two way.  It still wants to add 200+ plus and delete 200+ files. 

I am afraid I will either end up with everything showing up twice or everything being deleted and don't want to take the risk.  So I have either "rejected" or "canceled" sync of Notes.

How do I get back to having sync only refer to new changes going forward and not to wholesale deletions or duplications?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants

Re: Syncing Notes

Hi opadesk12,

Where does it indicate the changes will be made, to your desktop or your BlackBerry smartphone? Regardless, I would highly recommend performing a backup of your BlackBerry smartphone before doing another synchronization, just in case the data on your device, for some reason, gets erased or overwritten.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
opadesk12
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Syncing Notes

Thanks for the suggestion/reminder.  I had backed up before running sync. 

I now remember what I did.  When running sync, program showed me changes and gave me option to see Details, Accept/Reject/Cancel.  I clicked on Re-sync button (bottom left) and screen said "This operation will restore records you [sic] may have been deleted from either Device or Microsoft Outlook if the record still exists on either. Rarely, some duplicate records may result.  Do you want to continue?"  I chose yes.  Sync continued.  And has worked since then.  As far as I can tell all memos are on both Device and on computer.

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.