Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
ankebriels
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: T-molbile

Syncronize email on phone/computer when email is already read on the computer/phone

Hi,

I can not find out what I have to do to get the settings right on mij blackberry, so that the emails which I have already read on the computer wil automatically turn on "read" in my phone. Now I have worked trough100 emails on my computer, and I have to open them one by one on my phone to have them in"read" status.

At my Samsung Phone this is automatically done when I open my email box on the phone, I would love to have this on my blackberry aswell.

Can somebody help?

Kind regards, Anke

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Syncronize email on phone/computer when email is already read on the computer/phone

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Refer:

• KB05133 Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service

Note carefully that this covers only reconciliation between your BB and your email SERVER...reconciliation between your email client and your email server is a totally separate matter, outside of the control of the BB services. What you need to do is test the reconciliation features you can expect (per the above KB) by using a direct interface to your email server -- webmail, etc. -- NOT your computer-based email client. If things reconcile correctly between the server and the BB (as per the KB), then you know that all is functioning for all that the BB can control.

If things continue to not reconcile correctly between your server and your computer-based email client, then you need to seek support concerning that specific email client from wherever that might be obtained.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ankebriels

Re: Syncronize email on phone/computer when email is already read on the computer/phone

Hi! Thanks you for the information. However I can not findthe steps that I have to take to get the reconciliation done, what do I have to do to test the reconciliation features.

My email on the computer uses Outlook. How can I use a direct interface to this server?

KB05133 informs me what is possible, not how I can do it, I am realy hoping that someone can help me on this one.

thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Well, your first step is to review that KB carefully and, knowing exactly what your email service is (unless it's Outlook.com, your email service IS NOT Outlook), determine from that KB what to expect.

If, from that review, Read/Unread status is NOT available from the Mailbox to the Handheld, then you stop now...for the thing you are seeking is not available to you, and there is nothing you can do to change that fact.

If, on the other hand, the Read/Unread reconciliation from Mailbox to Handheld is available to you, then, find out (from your email service provider) what their alternate interfaces are -- if they have a webmail interface, that's the one you want to use. This test CANNOT be successfully done via the Outlook client...you MUST find their direct interface (e.g., WebMail).

Next, you find an item that is on both your BB as well as on your email server (as per the WebMail interface...NOT your Outlook client) in an UNREAD status. A recent email would be better to use than an older one.

Now, using your WebMail interface, read the item so that the status changes to Read.

Now, look at your BB to see if that email read/unread status changes. Be sure that you wait long enough -- sometimes, it can take 24 hours or longer for these to fully reconcile.

If, per the KB, this should work yet it does not, then do let us know as there are some steps we can give you to try and reset things. There are no configuration settings for you to access regarding this...it either works or does not, as per the KB.

I'm sorry that I can't be much more specific...but you've not revealed what your email service actually is, so I can't help you review the KB fully nor can I help you find out if your email provider has a WebMail interface or not...helping you with both of those details would require knowing what your email service is, and you've not yet stated that.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ankebriels

Thanks a lot:Clap: I will start with the first steps!

Please use plain text.