Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
smmc2
My Device: Torch 9800

TORCH 9800 - Calendar and Contacts no longer syncing with Google

[ Edited ]

Hi. I got my Torch 9800 (software version 6.0) in April and up until a couple of weeks ago, no problem syncing two-ways with Google calendar and contacts. For some reason, sometime over the past two weeks they have stopped syncing. I still receive Gmail on my Torch, no problem. Strangely, if I am sent an invitation for an event on my Google calendar, it still shows up on my device AND my Torch, However it does not sync if I create it myself, in either direction (if I create on the device, it does not show on Google calendar, and vice versa). It is set to sync wirelessly. PLEASE HELP!!!! The calendar is the main reason I even have a BlackBerry!! TIA.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
janetdkennedy
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: TORCH 9800 - Calendar and Contacts no longer syncing with Google

[ Edited ]

I have almost the same problem since I upgraded to 6.0 B2647. If the invitation is sent to me from someone else and I get it as an email, I can accept the meeting request and it is added to my BB but it is still not added to my gmail calendar. I have 8 accounts synched with my BB, 4 of them gmail accounts, 2 of them have gmail calendars.

I just got off the phone with Rogers BlackBerry support where I was told that I should backout the upgrade and the tech support guy (Peter) was unable to tell me what version I should go back to. BB DTM knows though but I'm reluctant to go back.

It was a Rogers specific upgrade! The upgrade itself went badly. I couldn't upgrade wirelessly and when I did the upgrade using DTM the software upgraded but the restore failed. I was able to restore some of my information (password keeper - thank goodness!) but I lost a number of updated address book entries and have had to reenter them manually as people contact me (or I call them if I know their number). 

I worked for RIM for 10+ years and this is one of the worst upgrades I've had and I used to run early pre-release versions all the time.

I've tried:

-- turning off wireless calendar sync and then turning it back on.  

-- deleting the account from my bb and readding it

-- changing the default account to my gmail account for calendar and contacts and email 

Nothing has worked so far, especially talking to the Rogers rep!

Please use plain text.
Tracy3Moore
My Device: Blackberry Torch

I have the same problem and have tried all the same approaches.  Anyone figure this out?

Tracy

Please use plain text.
Contributor
krodgerson
My Device: 9800

Same problem here. It is infuriating

Help please BB

Please use plain text.