Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

TORCH 9800 - Calendar and Contacts no longer syncing with Google

[ Edited ]

Hi. I got my Torch 9800 (software version 6.0) in April and up until a couple of weeks ago, no problem syncing two-ways with Google calendar and contacts. For some reason, sometime over the past two weeks they have stopped syncing. I still receive Gmail on my Torch, no problem. Strangely, if I am sent an invitation for an event on my Google calendar, it still shows up on my device AND my Torch, However it does not sync if I create it myself, in either direction (if I create on the device, it does not show on Google calendar, and vice versa). It is set to sync wirelessly. PLEASE HELP!!!! The calendar is the main reason I even have a BlackBerry!! TIA.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: TORCH 9800 - Calendar and Contacts no longer syncing with Google

[ Edited ]

I have almost the same problem since I upgraded to 6.0 B2647. If the invitation is sent to me from someone else and I get it as an email, I can accept the meeting request and it is added to my BB but it is still not added to my gmail calendar. I have 8 accounts synched with my BB, 4 of them gmail accounts, 2 of them have gmail calendars.

I just got off the phone with Rogers BlackBerry support where I was told that I should backout the upgrade and the tech support guy (Peter) was unable to tell me what version I should go back to. BB DTM knows though but I'm reluctant to go back.

It was a Rogers specific upgrade! The upgrade itself went badly. I couldn't upgrade wirelessly and when I did the upgrade using DTM the software upgraded but the restore failed. I was able to restore some of my information (password keeper - thank goodness!) but I lost a number of updated address book entries and have had to reenter them manually as people contact me (or I call them if I know their number). 

I worked for RIM for 10+ years and this is one of the worst upgrades I've had and I used to run early pre-release versions all the time.

I've tried:

-- turning off wireless calendar sync and then turning it back on.  

-- deleting the account from my bb and readding it

-- changing the default account to my gmail account for calendar and contacts and email 

Nothing has worked so far, especially talking to the Rogers rep!

My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

I have the same problem and have tried all the same approaches.  Anyone figure this out?

Tracy

Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: 01179733848

Same problem here. It is infuriating

Help please BB