Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

cafent
My Device: BLACKBERRY TORCH 9800
My Carrier: ROGERS

TORCH 9800 KEEP REBOOTING ITSELF IN CYCLES

MY TORCH IS ONLY 4 MONTHS NEW. IT HAS BEEN WORKING FLAWLESSLY UNTIL YESTERDAY I DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED AN APPLICATION FROM THE BLACKBERRY APP WORLD. AFTER JUST INSTALLING THE APP AND REBOOTING ITSELF ALMOST TO THE END OF THE REBOOTING CYCYLE WITHOUT FINISHING IT AND THEN RESTART TO THE BEGINNING OF THE CYCLE AND IT HAS BEEN BEHAVING IN THIS ENDLESS PERPETUAL CYCLE. ANYONE COULD ADVISE ME WHAT TO DO BEFORE I SEND IT BACK TO RIMS.

CAFENT

Please use plain text.
Contributor
zetameer
My Device: storm 2
My Carrier: verizon

Re: TORCH 9800 KEEP REBOOTING ITSELF IN CYCLES

This is a problem in your OS. You can reinstall the OS at home but I wont say its very easy so better send it to RIM.
You would still want to try deleting that app,pull the battery & leave it out for about 5 minutes & turn your phone on again. Furthermore, connect it to the desktop software & update if available.If there is an update available then you're lucky it will correct the corrupted files automatically.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rawia_araji
My Device: blackberry torch
My Carrier: mtc - lebanon

i'm having the same problem and it didn't load after i took off the battery for 5 min, and it keeps restarting over and over again. what can i do?
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Are you able to restart your device in safe mode as shown in KB17877?

I assume, since it's caught in a reboot cycle, when you connect to the Desktop Software it doesn't take a stable connection to reinstall your software?

If that is case, remove your battery and keep it out when you connect to the Desktop Software. You will get a pop up that the device can't connect and there should be Retry, Update and Cancel buttons. Select Update and you will then be able to reinstall the current device software version.

When the load is progressing, you will see a step that says "Wait for device initialization". At this point, insert the battery and the reload should complete.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rawia_araji

i tried the safe mode but it didn't worked, it keeps restarting and it couldnt be turned to the safe mode
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rawia_araji

i also tried the update but it said no updates available and it didn't show available versions. any help?
Please use plain text.
Chinloy
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Worked! Had to reinstall all programs and restore a backup, but at least I am not out of a phone until it could be replaced like the last time!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Pranit02
My Carrier: Idea

My device is not starting in safe mode.

And when i am trying to update it, its givng me error at exact 20% that there is error while updating my devive, check your internet connection or setting.  But my internet is just working fine.

What do i do? Please help.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Pranit02
My Carrier: Idea

i am waiting guys..

Please use plain text.