Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Sundae
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

TWC Standard????

I upgraded to 6.0.0.546 (2475) - now all the symbols are on, but now the phone stalls every now and then. I can be typing an sms or email and it will stall for a few seconds from 5 - 15secs where I am not able to do anything (like a bomb out) - when I go to tabs where I can see which apps are running, this new app "TWCStandard" is on, when it goes off, the phone runs again. It happens at least 15 - 20x a day. Then I go to the EVENT LOG - to see the TWC - it says
> "i TWC - HomeScreenIconUpdate.run: updated ribbon icon"
> "i TWC - HomeScreenIconUpdate.run: updated ribbon name"
> "i TWC - HomeScreenIconUpdate.updateCurrentConditionsIcon: s.isHSIUpdate: true"
> "i TWC - HomeScreenIconUpdate.updateCurrentConditionsIcon: m_bSuccess: tru; swa?: false"
> "i TWC - HomeScreenIconUpdate.sleeping 500ms:8"

Is this the cause of it - why is it happening?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,845
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: TWC Standard????

Sundae wrote:

I upgraded to 6.0.0.546 (2475) - now all the symbols are on,

Maybe I'm missing something here... what symbols are you talking about?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sundae

in the older version, lots of symbols were missing - If I click on "Sym" - P should have had % but it was blank - I knew it was a % as my Bold had one. But the Torch did not, the advice I got was to do a reinstall which I did and still nothing. Now I have upgraded tot he new version - the symbols are all there now, but the phone is stalling all the time for between 5 - 15 secs - very irritating as I could be typing and it would stall, I cannot do anything, it the "stalling" stops.

Why is this happening.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,845
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm not sure what this TWC module is, but it appears to be some third party application. Do you have a Weather Channel app installed? It appears to be trying to work in the background to update the homescreen icon with current weather conditions.
If that's it, uninstall that app at Options > Device > Application Management.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sundae

thank you for your help. I have deleted it. Can I reinstall it or should I just leave it out.

Another thing about the Calendar and the address book (contacts)
• in the contact file - when you put the birthday date on, it automatically adds onto the calendar so it can remind you on the day of that specific person.
• The problem is - it is added on "ALL DAY" which means the alarm goes off after midnight on the day of the birthday and wakes me up. I have to manually change all the birthday dates that comes from the addresses by clicking "ALL DAY" off, and putting in 08:00am.
• Why does it have "ALL DAY" on.  - any other way of controlling so its not on all day ( I do it manually )

Please use plain text.
smugy
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: vodafone

Hey there!
All the problem of "TWCstandard" is "The Weather Channel" application; That means removing the application is the only solution you have. If you are interested in weather apps download any other app that suits you instead of "TWC"... Hope that was Helpfull.

Egyptian and Proud
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sundae

Thank you for your help, greatly appreciated.

Sundae

Please use plain text.