Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
bashman199
My Device: Blackberry 9800

TWITTER 4.1.0.15

Um please I installed the new twitter version 4.1.0.15 on my blackberry torch 9800 fone and I restarted after installation .. Then I couldn't find the icon everywhere on the fone anlyonger :smileysad: dunno why's that .. Someone please help ??
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: TWITTER 4.1.0.15

Hello bashman199

Have you performed a Battery Pull reboot after updating Twitter for BlackBerry ? If not then do it by removing the battery while your device is powered On , wait for a min. then reinsert it back , after reboot please check if you're able to view Twitter application.

If still unable to locate then be sure that it is hidden , for that verify that the screen is in the ALL panel home screen then press the Menu key and click on “ Show All Icon“ or “ Unhide Icon “,search check your Instant Messaging Folder, or Downloads folder ,  if you can see it but looks like faded or Greyed out  then move your cursor over the icon and press Menu key and click     “unhide" 

Or Simply download Twitter application again , for that first delete Twitter application from Options > Device > Application Management > locate and delete Twitter for BlackBerry from there ., then perform another Battery pull restart , finally from your BlackBerry browser browse to www.blackberry.com/twitterdownload  and download the most recent version .

So please try it and let us know.  

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jome73
My Device: Torch 9800

I did all that you recommended but still have the same problem. Show a java error or something like that

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

jome73 wrote:

I did all that you recommended but still have the same problem. Show a java error or something like that

Hello jome73

Are you able to use Twitter and other application without any error before this Update ? 

What Java Error are you getting ? 

If you followed all instruction as given above and still getting those Java Error then you have to Reload your device Software , most often those java error corrupts our Device OS and the best way to deal those is to Relaod our Device Software . So you can do a backup of your device using Desktop Software , then follow this KB :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

After Reload try it again and let us know if error persists .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bashman199
My Device: Blackberry 9800

How do I reload the os on my blackberry 9800 ?
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello bashman199

Please refer to the above post and Go through the Knowledge Base on how to perform a Clean Relaod .

Please use plain text.
pstrbrian
My Device: 9850

Don't know about the icon issue, unless it put it in a folder for some reason. Did you try to refresh the application list in AppWorld?

I have a different issue that showed up on 4.1.0.15 : a bug in the "link to BlackBerry Contact". Once a Twitter contact is linked to the BlackBerry Contact, there is no way to undo or change it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jome73

I did the procedure but still the same problem.

When it finish to download and install the twitter app, first apear a box saying that the app was properly installed and then apears a box saying "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError"

I look for the icon but it's not there, even when in the Blackberry World says that it's installed

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

jome73 wrote:

I did the procedure but still the same problem.

When it finish to download and install the twitter app, first apear a box saying that the app was properly installed and then apears a box saying "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError"

I look for the icon but it's not there, even when in the Blackberry World says that it's installed

Hello jome73

Welcome to Support Forums

Which version of BlackBerry World you have on your device ? Are you having the most recent version of BlackBerry World ?

Try a Battery pull restart , if problem persists then reload the OS as suggested on previous post , do a backup first .

KB17689 : Icons missing on the BlackBerry smartphone after uncaught exceptions

Try it and let us know.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jome73

I have the Blackberry App World 4.3.0.26

Please use plain text.