Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: torch
My Carrier: virgin
Accepted Solution

Text Message App Opening Error! "Uncaught Exception: java.lang.​IndexOutOf​BoundsExce​ption" Help!!!

Hi

I suddenly Can't open my text messages.

this error keeps popping up "Uncaught Exception: java.lang.​IndexOutOf​BoundsExce​ption"

How do I fix it?

Thank u

Dee

New Contributor

Re: Text Message App Opening Error! "Uncaught Exception: java.lang.​IndexOutOf​BoundsExce​ption" Help!!!

nevermind. all you have to do is RESTORE it back. duhhh. lol
Smiley Happy
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Text Message App Opening Error! "Uncaught Exception: java.lang.​IndexOutOf​BoundsExce​ption" Help!!!

So glad to hear you sorted it out.  Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

Hi

I now have the same problem - when I press the text message icon I get the "Uncaught Exception: java.lang.​IndexOutOf​BoundsExce​ption" message too.  I can send texts via the contacts icon if I've had a recent text coversation with that person, but when I receive a text I have no idea who it is from. 

How do you 'restore' as mentioned above?  I have reset the factory setings from the Options, and have removed the battery and countles times but to no avail.

For info,  I haven't downladed any updates or upgrades recently, but this started after my 1-year-old had nabbed the phone off me and was pretending to talk with it...

All help gratefuly received!

Many thanks

Rich

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch
My Carrier: at&t

Hi there I am now getting the same error, did anyone reply to you how to "restore" it? thank you

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch
My Carrier: at&t

Thanks I have the same error now, how do you restore it? by syncing it? I am not very good at this and would appreciate any help, thanks in advance
New Contributor

You have to go to the Blackberry Desktop software on your computer.

Click DEVICE

and then click RESTORE.

Thats how I fixed that problem on my Torch, and it has never happened again.

Plus I threaten my blackberry torch  that I would sell it for an iphone or android. LOL

Good Luck.

New Contributor

Hi Missdaysia

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.  Unfortunately this has not resolved it, even after a restart.

Had you backed anything up before you did the 'restore'?  I backed up a few things into a default folder and this seems to be the data that it uses to restore my system with.  I assume that if I've backed up corrupt data then it would restore the same corrupt data, which is possibly where I'm going wrong!

Did you lose your text messages and pictures etc after the restore? And do you remember the system making you back anything up before it would let you restore it?

Sorry for the multiple questions, thanks very much in advance for your help!

Ta

Rich

Highlighted
New Contributor

You need to restore it to an earlier date when it wasn't corrupted. I think I lucked out and backed up my BlackBerry on my laptop a few days before that happened so I didn't lose much.
Did you try posting to see if a blackberry tech can help you.
New Contributor

Aaah, that makes a lot of sense!

Sadly I hadn't backed it up at all since I got it so can't do that.  Boo.

Will start this as a new thread to see if a tech guy can help, thanks for the suggestion. 

Cheers!

Rich