Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
pooh0200
My Device: Torch

Text Message Notification not disappearing.

I have a notification that I got yesterday. I read the email and deleted it but it is still showing up on the man page. Everytime I click on hit it, it takes me to compose a text. Any ideas of how to fix it?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Text Message Notification not disappearing.

Did you try removing the battery to reboot the device?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pooh0200

Thanks, I guess it was the obvious. Only had the phone for 2 days and loving it. THanks so much I really appreciatie it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ranalli
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

This is another bug I've seen on my own Torch.  I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed that there are GUI problems of this nature.  Windows does a lot of things wrong with their OS....but their user interface with stuff like this is usually rock solid.  Features like this should be easy to implement in an OS these days....I also feel this is careless that this got through testing and out to the market.

I don't even text that much and this happens a lot.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Make sure your os is up to date.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ranalli

I just updated the version to Version 6.0 Bundle 695.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pooh0200

What I found is that if you view it from messages and just delete it without opening it it will stay in the text message notifications. but if you just open it or delete it from text messages instead of messages you are all good.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ranalli

This seems to be the case...but not 100% sure yet.

Please use plain text.
tonytheplumber
My Device: Not Specified

I had the same problem with my text messaging after the software update, and after reading this I yanked my battery out for a reboot. Seems to have cured the issue. Thanks, and I did give kudos to the solution.

Please use plain text.