Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

jwu
New Contributor
My Device: Blackbery Torch 6800
Accepted Solution

Text Message Notifier staying as unread text message despite already being read and deleted

Not sure if anyone has this error or if there is a way to just refresh and delete it but I have this weird problem.

The bar on the top of the screen between the "select a profile" and the "search magnifying glass" where the notifications pop up not sure what that page is called but in this slide down screen under Text Messages I have a text message that is staying at unread. Even though I have deleted the text message and I've tried everything to try and get it to go away. Today I have a Blackberry Messenger Message that won't delete as well. Does anyone else have this problem and figure out a way to refresh and get ride of it? I've tried turning the device on and off a few times but doesn't fix the issue.

Thank you any suggestions would be much appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Text Message Notifier staying as unread text message despite already being read and deleted

mine does it to, some times ill let it sit there and it will go away or i just reboot my phone with the ALT+Shift+Del key combo

jwu
New Contributor
My Device: Blackbery Torch 6800

Re: Text Message Notifier staying as unread text message despite already being read and deleted

Thank you so much. Alt-Shift-Delete got rid of it right away. I hope there is an update to fix this sometime soon.

Mine is doing the same thing.  You mentione you do the ALT+Shift+Del key combo.  What button is the shift button on this blackberry.  Sorry, I am new to this.  It is driving me cazy!  Thanks so much!

Mine is doing this too!!! It is so annoying. I tried the combo and it worked perfectly!! thank you. the shift key is the up arrow next to symbol. Push them all at the same time.

New Contributor

Thanks, it worked on mine also.

New Contributor

Mine is doing it too does it like 5 or 6 times aday mostly with emails tho

My Device: Torch

I was told if you take out the battery it also removed the unread text message.   Thanks for the help.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Blackberry Playbook

I had the same problem with the message notifier remaining even though the messages were deleted.

The alt, shift, del combo did not work for me so I turned my Torch off, removed the battery and after rebooting the message notifier, 3 in all were gone. Thanks for helping.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 (personal), Bold 9000 (work), plus provide support for various others!

I had this on my torch too - I had two text messages come in within a few seconds of each other - don't know if that was what caused it.

But anyway, removing the battery while the device was switched on removed the message from the notifications pane.