Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Text Messaging issues and Lagging Problems

Hi all, I just recently got my Blackberry Torch 9800 and I love it, however I am experiencing some problems. I am not sure if there's are technical issues that can be resolved or if the actual hardware is defective. 

My first problem is the lagging.  The phone lags quite often, on different types of applications including BBM.  When I click on a name it lags and takes about 3 seconds for it to open up.  Also sometimes when I hit the red end key the screen doesn't close right away.  I have checked for software updates and apparently the phone is updated.  The version I have is 6.0.0.246 (6.0 Bundle 695).

The second problem I have is when I open a text message it brings up an old message that was received about 5 messages ago instead of the most recent. 

Another question I had, that I don't think is a technical issue but I would like to know if there is a way around it.  When I am using the phone and my face touches the screen it will mute or put the person on speaker.  Is there anyway the screen can be locked so that doesn't happen?? 

Any insite to these questions would be really helpful! I really hope I don't have a defective phone.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Text Messaging issues and Lagging Problems

Yes! I have been having these same problems and so has my girlfriend. We both were super excited about this phone, but the issues like these are making me want to switch back to something more reliable. The text message issue is especially annoying, as well as the lag time when switching from landscape to portrait view.