Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Bell

Text message Icon

when I add the text message icon to my favorites it will only stay there for a couple minutes to a couple hours?????   I try moving it around, doesn't help.  I add more things at the same time, doesn't help. 

Help

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Text message Icon

I have the same problem and I think it's a OS fault that will have to be addressed in a later release. I 'mark as favourite' the Text Msgs icon and it appears in Favourites. I 'move' it to the location I want it to appear in within the favourites section. Everything's fine for an hour or two, sometimes longer, and then suddenly it's gone and can only be found in the 'All' section. It's annoying!

The fault only applies to the 'Text Msgs' icon. Any other icon that I have marked as a 'Favourite' remains in the favourites section and in the position I assigned to it.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Bell

So I finally remembered to check and see if my girlfriends phone does the same thing (we got them together)  Hers doesn't have this problem.

But both phone freeze sometimes.  

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

Hmmm ... mine never freezes. And the text message issue has simply gone away, after around the 50th time that I had marked text messages as a favourite. It's stayed in favourites for two days now ... so go figure! Weird one ...