Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
postmuffin
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
Accepted Solution

Text message reminders from Meetup.com say "Download Now"

I have signed up for text message reminders from meetup.com.  They were working fine until two days ago.  There is a red X next to the text and when I open it up there is a button to "download now" and an expiration date about 5 days away.  Nothing happens when I click download now.  I've received three reminders like this, for three different events, so it isn't just one text.  I receive texts from others just fine.  Is this a Blackberry issue or a Meetup issue?  Has anyone experienced this?  Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Text message reminders from Meetup.com say "Download Now"

More than likely it's a Meetup issue.  It's difficult to diagnose when other text messages are getting through but some aren't.

The best thing to start with is a battery pull.  Remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.

Give that a shot and report back.  If that does nothing, we can try some other things.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
postmuffin
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810

Well I realized what the real problem was when I tried to read the message from my Blackberry.  I couldn't connect to the internet.  So apparently any message linked to the internet didn't work.  Anyway, your battery removal trick worked and now I'm getting the texts and can connect to the internet.  Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Cool.

Thank you for marking the thread as solved.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.