Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

ljs9019
My Device: Not Specified

Text messaging issue

Sometimes, when I receive a text message. I'll tap on the text, or click on it with the track pad, and it brings the bar at the bottom where you type the reply, HOWEVER, it shows me the middle of the conversation, not the actual new message that I receives. 

Is anyone having this issue as well?

Please use plain text.
tfburns
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Text messaging issue

I am having the same issue.  The only thing I found to work is to go back to the inbox and then reopen the text message.  Another option is to hit the yellow unread messages button while viewing the text message (if its the only new message) and it will take you to the bottom where the new message is. 

Please use plain text.
cmvaflor

I also am having the same issue. I've been searching everywhere and can't seem to find a solution.
Please use plain text.
Developer
supraking

Same problem here. Looks like a bug RIM will need to fix in the next update (hopefully).

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zmorris13

Same issue, just posted about it too. It's annoying and its really the only problem I'm having with my Torch.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tjain83
My Device: Bold & 9900

same issue here, not only this if i open the test msg from text folder and delete the same then the same msg is also disaplyed at display menu, and to fix the same i have to take out my battery to remove the msg.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jasna
My Device: Bold 9780

Okay so im having exactly the same problem, its sooooo frustrating!!! I wish they would update the software or something to get rid of it! Iv tried taking the battery out and rebooting and deleting the contact and deleting all the message data.. in summary, iv tried everything!! Does anyone have anyyy idea how to fix it, my boyfriend has the 9700 and he hasnt had a problem with it at all..

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ghostryder
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

ljs9019 wrote:

Sometimes, when I receive a text message. I'll tap on the text, or click on it with the track pad, and it brings the bar at the bottom where you type the reply, HOWEVER, it shows me the middle of the conversation, not the actual new message that I receives. 

Is anyone having this issue as well?

It is a bug with the current updated OS. On the Crackberry forum, some have downloaded that latest updated OS that has not yet been released by AT&T. Current OS update released by AT&T is .246. 

The non-official OS update is .450 and this issue has finally been corrected.

With the current .246 AT&T update, there is nothing that will correct this annoyance. 

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
Please use plain text.