Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
beartraprr
My Device: Torch 9800

That LOCK button at the top is AWFUL

[ Edited ]

I love my Blackberry, I really do.  I also think its one of the smarter phones out there, HOWEVER and I say this here only because no one will listen anywhere else, maybe here they will.

That LOCK button at the top is AWFUL.  I keep my phone in my pocket and its constantly getting pressed causing the phone to beep.  There is no way to disable it (that button).  I use PATTERN LOCK to lock the phone so locking is not an issue.  PLEASE, someone tell me how to shut that annoying button (and its neighbor on the top) off.

This is the TORCH 9800.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: That LOCK button at the top is AWFUL

The lock button is part of the core operation of the 9800, therefore it can't be disabled.  Sorry.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
beartraprr
My Device: Torch 9800

Unfortunatly as much as I love the phone this part of it was not well thought out, I have two other friends who also have the 9800 and complain of the same thing.  I was really hoping someone would do something about this.  It will mean I will not buy another BB in the future, all over a silly button that should have a way to disable.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

you can use a protective pouch (I know I don't like that idea).

Please be aware that this button is also available on the new BlackBerry Torch 9810. Fortunately, it is available for no other device (either old or recent). So if you want another model than the 9800 and the 9810, then for that matter you can be relieved.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: