Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Theme without Manage Connections and Setup at top

I would appreciate some simple help from anyone that has changed the theme on their Torch. It seems I've looked at a few hundred themes for the BB 9800 and with most of them, I cannot tell if the top band on the home screen contains the link to the Manage Connections, Alarm, and Set Up feature.

It seems a pretty silly to put those in an area that a person touches 9 out of 10 times when the phone is picked up no matter how hard you try not to. The features that one touch opens is not something I need to change very often so it would not be a hassle to go to the Options icon when I do need it!

So, has anyone found a theme that does NOT have a way to turn on and off the mobile network , Wi-Fi and Bluetooth by accident?

Many thanks!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Theme without Manage Connections and Setup at top

I too have this same issue and I "Hate" that this option is on the main screen.  I constantly am turning off all my connections and have missed some very important phone calls.

For them to put this on the main screen is absolutely stupid; who changes these setting several times a day or has the need to?

If anyone knows how to remove this from the main screen I would love to know.  For this reason ONLY I am learning to HATE my new Torch and my go back to my BB Bold 9800.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

[ Edited ]

I've recommended this theme to a lot of people.  It's called Phoenix by AHaz Designs and is available in AppWorld.

It's way different than the native theme in that there are no trays.  You simply have four customizable icons on the home screen which can be hidden with a touch.

The Manage Connections is still there, but it's a lot smaller in the righthand corner of the small top banner.  I've not had any issues with mistakenly opening the connections.

You can also change the wallpaper to whatever you prefer, which is one of the many things I like about the theme......it shows off your wallpapers.  Smiley Happy

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Thank you so much, I will give that a try.