Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
ekunhardt
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Claro

Third party applications won't restore on new Torch 9800 - Mac User

Hi! Just got my new torch today and was trying to transfer all the data from my Bold 9800 to it, via the Mac Desktop Software.  Had some minor glitches (some BBM contacts did not transfer) but my main issue is that none of my paid third party applications that I bought at the App World transfered to the new phone.

I've looked all over for possible solutions, but none for Mac.  Anyone got around this issue?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Developer
shellbellthemes
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Third party applications won't restore on new Torch 9800 - Mac User

You can always go back to App world and download them again, they are saved on your account...

App World now requires an ID, sign up, then it will ask you how you paid for your previous apps, paypal, credit card etc...add your info, next you should see all your purchased app in the list!

If my posts have helped you please click the star for kudos ~ty
Interested in girly themes?
Follow the link below:
http://shellbellthemes.ucoz.com
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ekunhardt

I tried but no go :smileysad: none of them show up.  Now the contacts won't sync either and keeps giving me the "For help resolving this issue, refer to KB19454 in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager Knowledge Base" which is of no use whatsoever!

As a Mac user it's very frustrating to have a phone that I can't sync seamlessly with all the data in my computer. 

Back to the boards I go to see if someone has any info, but thanks!!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RBoley
My Device: Torch 9800 & Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

I had a similar problem when I upgraded from my Bold 9700 to my Torch... not all my apps were compatible with the Torch... none of the Themes, and a bunch of Apps didn't show up because they aren't compatible. It took me a while to figure out what was going on, my wife is using my Bold and all they apps still show up when I login to my account on it, but not on the Torch. App world only shows compatible apps for your device. Hopefully that answers your question.... my wife got free apps, and I'm waiting for them to become compatible.

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ekunhardt

Thanks!  That makes total sense.

Please use plain text.