Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Deadmoney
My Device: Torch 9800
Accepted Solution

Torch 1 or 2?

Hello All,

How can you tell which version you have? is there a way to look up the specs on your phone?

Thanks

David

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Torch 1 or 2?

Unless I've missed one MAJOR announcement from RIM, there's only one model of the Torch, the 9800.

To tell what version of any BlackBerry phone you have, open an application to write a new message (text, email, facebook, etc.).  In the Subject line, type "myver" (without quotes) and a space.  Your phone model and version of OS will appear.  Typing "mypin" ( without quotes) will show your PIN.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Deadmoney

Thank you...

Regards David

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Deadmoney

Ok I solved it I *think*  its a Torch called the 9810

Torch 9810 is expected to have a 1.2 GHz processor, 768 MB of RAM, 8 GB of local storage (plus microSD memory card up to 32 GB), a sharp 3.2-inch 640 x 480 VGA display, 5 megapixel camera with LED flash and 720p video recording. It’s packing the same touchscreen slider form factor as the original, except for a more silvery finish all around. OS 7 includes within it an updated browser, and a new rendering engine called Liquid Graphics, which should help improve responsiveness, load times, and transition animations.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Mr. Dead, what you've described is indeed the Torch 2, however it hasn't been released quite yet.  But when it does get released........count me in!!  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.