Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
amostos
My Device: Not Specified

Torch 9800 - Battery drains since latest update 6.0-2391

Ever since I uploaded the latest sofrware, my battery only lasts about 6 hrs wheras before it would last about 2 days.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening or what can be done to correct this?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Torch 9800 - Battery drains since latest update 6.0-2391

Why does it happen? Because you've just installed a new brain in your phone and it had to adapt to it. What can be done to correct this? Give it a couple days to adjust to it.

Let us know then if the situation persists. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jrnygirl
My Device: BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800
My Carrier: ATT

I thought I was the only one that this had happened to.  My battery has been doing the same thing.   Per the other poster, I've waited several days and it's actually getting worse!  

This morning I drove to a dr. appt with a full battery. After a 1/2 hr appt the battery had dropped to half strength. When I got to work 1/2 later it was in the Red. So i connected it and charged it.  PLUS I removed applications, etc using the BB desktop software. That was about 11am. By 2pm the "full strength" batter was onces again in the red.

it only started after the recent update. I've turned off and closed so many apps and other stuff that its a barely functioning phone.

Need help!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

I have to emphasize that upgrading to OS 6 will not do undo weirdness to your phone for any extended period of time.  Jrnygirl's example would not suggest this to be so but I encourage everyone who upgrades to hang in there.  I've done a few updates and sometimes the battery does suffer, but every version of OS 6 that I've used so far has been battery-friendly.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
soladan
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Bell

Same for me, The best I get, is now 8 hours.

I used to get 2 days.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
mahmoud_majid
My Device: torch
My Carrier: torch

switch it to 2G instead of 2G&3G

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jrnygirl

[ Edited ]

Last night I went to bed at 11P.  The battery was 3/4 full . I made sure that i had closed and exited properly out of all applications.  I set the alarm and put it in bedside mode and went to sleep. At 7am when I woke up I checked my messages and then went on the browser to check Facebook and to check the day's news.

The Battery drain was IMMEDIATE and it beeped and the battery strenghth turned red and then it said it was shutting down.

Yesterday I removed probably 5 different apps from the phone (apps that were pre-loaded or re-loaded with the software update) and that hasn't made a difference.

Before this update I could go probably 10+ hours with out having to charge it, but now it it sucking the battery dry.

I need a fix for this..... and to the poster that said to switch to 2g from 3g , NO, that defeats the purpose of having this phone, I want a 3g phone!

EDIT:  After charging the battery full this morning after it drained, I have had the phone in Silent mode for  most of the day, just sitting on my desk. I haven't used it for anything until about 10 minutes ago when I checked Facebook and Twitter and Yahoo headlines (taking all of about 10 minutes to review while on break)  Just getting on the browser caused a serious drain and put the battery in the red. Had to hook it up to charge it. 

Battery was FINE before updatine OS now it's gone!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
s12978
My Device: Pearl 8100, 8800, Curve 8520, Storm 9500, Torch 9800, Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: Airtel

[ Edited ]

I have been facing the same issue. I updated my Torch 3 days back and the battery has been draining out for no apparent reason. Drains in 6 hours max. Going by some of the sugestions in other forums I have:

- Done a security wipe out.

- re-updated my phone.

- have removed all the applications.

- have done battery pull at least 15 times.

But nothing seems to be working. My typical usage is application - not phone and SMS. It is very frustrating not being able to use my phone the way I wish to.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jrnygirl

OK, since i have complained a lot on this thread I am coming back to say it is getting a 'wee-bit' better.

the battery is holding a charge a bit longer. I'm hoping that it will continue to gain strength and return to holding a charge like it use to. Otherwise I'll see the upgrade as a ployt by ATT to make us all purchase new batteries.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jeremy_owen33
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell

I upgraded to OS6 a few days ago, I have a Bold 9700 but am having the same problem. Before the update I would get about two days, now max is 8 hours. Deleted most apps, and have gone a day with everything psossible turned off. Very frustrating. 

Would a new battery even solve the problem as it seems like its software related? Gonna try a friends brand new battery tomorrow and see if anything changes

Please use plain text.