Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

jandroknows
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Torch 9800 - Battery drains since latest update 6.0-2391

Thanks! Removing the SD card did the trick. I always suspected the drain was related to some unfinished process in the background.

From what I've read this latest update includes some new indexing features, so looks like it kept trying to search the card.

It solved both the battery drain and the clock appearing and freezing the device. I was almost ready to go get an iphone.... Gotta love the torch!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amostos
My Device: Not Specified

Did you put the SD card back in?

I noticed that the the battery holds it's charge if i'm at home with wi-fi. Once I go out where the battery drains extremely fast barely lasting 8 or 9 hrs.
Please use plain text.
jandroknows

The sd card is in and compression is on. I'll keep an eye on the charge. So far I'm in wifi.
Please use plain text.
dnamm
My Device: Torch

This is happening to me too. 

I installed bundle 2342 on 5/9/11. This started happening on Monday. It shows the BB OS taking 11 minutes of CPU time last WEEK and for just today it shows over 9 hours. It is definitely warmer than normal, i assume that is because it is constantly doing something.

I'm stumped and really hope this is something that can be fixed quickly since I don't always have access to a plug.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
torchguy
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Try shutting off  / disabling compression....in Device / storage menu

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
uiltranerds

Argh, I'm having the same problem. Before, my batter would last literally a couple of days. Now it lasts just a few hours. I charged it up this morning, and its almost drained now (just a few hours in) Its only started doing it since the last update - so surely there is something funky with it?

I also noticed my "battery charging" thing doesn't come up any more (it goes to the clock thing when you plug it in, but when you view the screen the "battery charge" thing in the top left no longer has a "power cord" image on it, to let you know its charging???

I almost went to purchase a new battery (even though the phone is only a matter of a few months old!) , but then came across this thread - so I'm hoping someone can help me :/

TIA

Andy

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
torchguy
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Try going into Options / Device / Storage and turn compression(enabled)  feature off

Please use plain text.
Visitor
jmsauve

This seems to be THE solution.

I had the same problem and disabling the compression, removing and reinserting the SD card solved this very annoying problem. Now  the battery behaves normally and retains it's charge at least all day long, the temperature of the device is normal and I no longer have the clock constantly appearing for a long period of time.

Thanks to this forum.

Please use plain text.
ikwood

Spent hours looking for answers, (online, on phone, etc.) Same issues as all other complaints. Operating the 2391 update. Followed the sd card pull and the results were instant!! Like pulling a giant sliver out of my foot. Phone starting running cool, cursor flew around the screen without lags and left it off the charger over night to find it still full in the morning. What a relief.

RIM should carpet bomb this info to the entire planet...

Many thanks to the contributor who pulled this one from the hat.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
kessien
My Device: Torch 1 9800

My 9800 is just 8month old...the panel gets so hot that it drains out the battery within 30mins. Pls wat's the possible solution to it.
Please use plain text.