Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
ledbetter94
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: at&t

Torch 9800... NO POWER!!!!!!!!!

Please help! I removed my battery today when my camera wasn't working properly(as i've done several times before with no problem), put it right back in and no re-boot. I've removed the battery and sim card numerous times and still nothing, no blinking lights or anything. My battery is fine, and charged. I took it to at&t store but the girl couldnt figure out what was wrong with it, just wanted to sell me a new one. She did try a different batery in it though to no avail. I've also plugged it into the wall charger and the pc and still nothing.... Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Thanks, Brent

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ledbetter94

Re: Torch 9800... NO POWER!!!!!!!!!

^^

Please use plain text.
mauroruiz54
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

I just had the same problem too ! :

The battery was halfway and I decided to charge it. It completely died. I tried taking the battery out and plugging it in for a few hours. It did not work.

I just came from an AT&T tech support office and they told me (after paying 25 usd) that the main power cell was dead and that therefore there was not a chance to make it work.

This is strange since I have had this phone for 16 months only.

However, the AT&T tech office told me that RIM sometimes recovers the data that was on the phone prior to the incident.

I dont really know how that works or if it's even true.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Hello ledbetter and mauro.

The following procedure I'm about to explain worked on the BOLD 9900 which exhibited exactly same issue.

After using google I found that this is the result of the BB's power management system failing.

1• Remove your battery.
2• Now press and hold down "END CALL"
3• Now reinsert your battery, hopefully now the led should show Red.
4• Upon seeing LED RED, now release "end call button and Immediately press "CALL BUTTON" for about 3 seconds and AGAIN PRESS "end call".
5• CONTINUE pressing and releasing these two buttons ....after some 7-12 keystrokes respectively your BB Screen should power on with a hourglass icon. This is a sign that power management system has been reset.

Good luck.....kindly report back I'm waiting patiently for results.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

Forgot to mention repeat whole procedure atleat 3 times if 1st try fails

Thank you.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ledbetter94

Thank you fox for posting with help! But yesterday, before seeing your post, i thought there was no help for my phone, so i pulled out the screwdriver :No: just to take a peak inside. i took the 4 little screws out, slowly pryed it open and looked around not even touching anything and tryed the battery again and it booted right up! i put the screws back, updated everything, and so far its been working fine since. i'm not sure if something might have been loose or it was just dirty but it seems to be working fine now. think i just got lucky! but i appreciate your post and i might have to come back to it later on if it acts up again! thanks!!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

Also thank you for posting back, Ledbetter, I'm glad your phone is alive again.

Very interesting incident...curious very curious.

Take care.
Please use plain text.