Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
GeneCBlack
My Device: Torch 9800
Accepted Solution

Torch 9800 No Sound from Handset\Receiver

Hello.  The problem I am having is I cannot hear the caller.  The caller can hear me.  I have to either use an ear piece and microphone or put the phone on speaker.  I have had this phone for almost two years.  This is a recent problem.  I have removed the battery for a full ten minutes and reinstalled.  I have performed the update and have the latest versions:  Desktop software version 7.1.0.32 release date July 11, 2012 bundle 33.  Phone software is 6.0, Bundle 695.

Any ideas on how to fix this will be much appreciated.  Thank you in advance.  Warm Regards.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Torch 9800 No Sound from Handset\Receiver

Go to Options and type "status" in the search bar. Click on Device and Status Information. On that screen type T E S T. You won't see the letters being typed but it will open up a diagnostics menu. Run a diagnostics on the speaker and make sure it is inoperative. If it works in the diagnostics it's a software problem. If it doesn't work in diagnostics then it's definitely a hardware problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
GeneCBlack

Hello again and thanks for the speedy response. 

I tried your solution four times.  The second time, I did hear the tones.  The third and fourth times, I did not.  I asked my wife to call me.  Again, while she could hear me, I had to enable the speaker to hear to hear her.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Unless its still under warranty (usually warranty is one year) your options are to repair it or have it repaired or you can replace it. Having it repaired is probably not worth it and to repair it yourself is a bit complicated. Probably time for a new phone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
GeneCBlack

Ok, was afraid of that.  Thank you again.

kpmd

I have the same problem. Speaker phone works fine and plug-in headset works fine, but no audio from the built-in earpiece on the handset.

I went to Options and clicked on Device and Status Information, but there is no place to type T E S T -- or maybe it just isn't doing it.
Any other hints?

Thanks!

kpmd

DUH! I was putting a space between the letters T E S T as you had typed....as opposed to just tying in TEST

Thanks. Ran the diagnostics and the handset audio is not working at all. Will see if I can get it replaced.

Thanks!

:Rockon:

New Contributor
nsinger1492
My Device: torch

same problem, had no audio on device (only  with head set or loud speaker). Then i took out the battery and it worked again. After two weeks problem came back. Now taking out the battery works only sometimes to get audio back. But even when it worked the problem comes back very soon.

The suggest self test (TEST without blanks on the solid keyboard) ends in an empty screen (saying in German "Anwendung für Selbstest") and does not come back.

New Contributor
nsinger1492
My Device: torch

ok got it, the test works, but the audio doesn't. 

Visitor
sharinalmi
My Device: torch 9800

[ Edited ]

test  has passed, Now how I can get it repair since still I am not getting the voice in hand set mode, but some time the voice is comming in handset mode