If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
canucklehead
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

Torch 9800 Rebooting Automatically

[ Edited ]

So apparently I have a "Nuked" Blackberry? According to other forums that I have read, that seems to be my problem, but I have tried all of the methods that other users have suggested, such as:

• rebooting in Safe Mode
  • deleting apps
  • upgrading my OS (currently have 6.0)
  • turning off JavaScript on the browser

...none of these worked.

I noticed that when my screen would freeze and my phone would reboot, I am usually on the internet. My phone seems to be fine if I am just texting, using BBM, Twitter, etc. So I have no idea what's going on. I've had to pull the battery probably 10+ times just this evening; gets quite annoying.

Any other suggestions?  Much appreciated :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Torch 9800 Rebooting Automatically

Try a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache like rebooting a PC. Then try again and see if your problem persists.

What OS are you on? On your device, type in a new message MYVER and a space after to see and report back please.

A media card full of songs and pictures will take a long time to generate the thumbnails and song playlist, possibly making it slow up first use.

On device go to Options, Device, Application Management is a great way to see what your apps are doing with your CPU usage on Smartphone. Just slide top bar to CPU and see what is going on. Also touch the CPU menu to see other time variables. I found out that an app was eating away CPU cycles on mine

Disable Compression on media card? go to Options, Device, Storage

remember the esc key closes most apps, except for GPS and some chat clients. the other apps need to use menu and then exit or close. The farthest key to the right is a home key and does not close any apps per se but will end calls.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
canucklehead
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

I tried all of your suggestions throughout today, and none of them worked...still freezing and rebooting automatically.

My OS is v6.0.0.448, Platform 6.4.0.210.

Any other suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I would upgrade to OS 6.0.0.600, that OS was very stable for me.

If that still does not do it., then maybe tehre is a defect and you should call place of purchase if still under warranrty

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.