Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
nessy2807
My Device: Bold 9900 and Torch 9800
My Carrier: 447968059809

Torch 9800 Wont Boot...... Cant update software!

Can anyone help me please, i have a Torch 9800 that's battery died. 

I have plugged it in to the charger all i get is the red light coming on, then going off approx every 10 seconds but the device won’t re-boot.

I have tried pulling the battery etc but it still wont load.

I have followed a few guides on here and on the internet telling me to try plugging it into the usb on my PC and pulling the battery but again, no avail! However.........

When i plugged it into the pc my Blackberry Desktop opened, and said it was 'installing software (i normally only use this to back up my Bold 9900). After the drivers were loaded etc the desktop software said it was unable to connect to the phone, then i got another box saying there was a device software update available for the handset.... so..... i have proceeded to do this and update the device software.

Sadly, it got to the 'reloading' section and then the phone 'disconnected', then 're-connected' and 'disconnected' again and again and again. It kept saying ‘trying to re-connect with JVM'  whatever that means! Eventually i have given up!

The handset is still the same, if i plug it into a wall charger or usb charger i get the red light at the top for a little while (about 20 seconds) and then nothing, it just goes off, and then comes on again 30 seconds later! But whenever i plug it into the PC the desktop software say's it's not connected but continues to give me the option of a device software update!

First thing i checked by the way is the battery, it's fine and works / charges ok in other handsets! 

Please HELP!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Torch 9800 Wont Boot...... Cant update software!

BlackBerry Desktop Software can be fussy sometimes.  If an update begins but does not complete because of a JVM issue, about the only thing you can do is unplug your phone, plug it back in and try again.  I've had situations where it's taken me 3-4 tries before my phone would connect successfully and load the OS.

I say try again a couple more times.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nessy2807

Thanks Bill, but I already gave this 6 separate attempts before I posted on here asking for help, same outcome every time, i find it strange that it tells me it doesn't recognise the phone and wont connect but it 'knows' that there is a device software update available, how if it cant recognize the phone! lol
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nessy2807

Thanks Bill, but I already gave this 6 separate attempts before I posted on here asking for help, same outcome every time, i find it strange that it tells me it doesn't recognise the phone and wont connect but it 'knows' that there is a device software update available, how if it cant recognize the phone! lol

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
theotedted
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: 3

same thing is happening to my phone. Need help. 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

If it won't connect to BDS, there's not much else you can do; BDS is your lifeline here. Make sure you've tried everything in this article:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144 .

If that doesn't work, you'll probably need to replace your phone. Remember that RIM offers a one-year warranty on its phones.

Keep us up to date. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Donaldokoh
My Device: Blackberry 9860 : rdp71uw
My Carrier: Mtn Nigeria

Have u tried wiping it with blackberry master control program.....it's  a utility programme for bbs...search for it on google, then search for cfp 3.1.9.0, download them both....let me know when u've got them

Please use plain text.