Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Swisscom

Torch 9800 Zaps Me

[ Edited ]

Dear BB,

I've had my Torch for about 1.5 years (maybe too long to have a BB) but the edges around the screen are worn as I travel in pretty rough conditions. It seems like the copper is exposed because if I use the handset it zaps me a little bit, and it really gives me a charge if it is on the charger. When charging in the UK I can't even touch the copper looking parts because it actually hurts. Is this normal?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Torch 9800 Zaps Me

No, that's definitely not normal.

Your phone has obviously seen better days and I would suggest upgrading or exchanging for another like model.  Repairing your phone while it's in its present condition would cost more than getting another one so go ahead and bite the bullet and move on to another BlackBerry.  Before proceeding, however, make sure you do a data backup with BlackBerry Desktop Software and/or BlackBerry Protect.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.